Akbar was honored with the ‘Champion of Change’ Award at the 7th Annual MENA HR Excellence Awards 2015 in recognition of his leadership, strategic thinking and key management decisions that benefited the organization. He was also featured in the twenty-five young Business Leaders in UAE, profiled in a coffee table book GEN NEXT INDIANS.
He also received the award for Thumbay Hospital being featured as the Best Medical Tourism Hospital in the Middle-East by The New Economy, a leading newspaper in the UK, in 2013. Akbar has spoken at various conferences and seminars held in the Middle-East and Europe, which includes:
- Akbar Moideen – Regions Most Influential Business Leader (40 & Under) [Link]
- The Harvard Crossroads Summer Program in Dubai, on 14th August 2017.
- Invited as a speaker at Mohammed bin Rashid School of Government for the Leadership & Entrepreneurship Series 2016.
- Invited as a speaker at AUS Enterprising Youth Forum at the American University of Sharjah in April 2016.
- The “Borderlines in Healthcare” event in May 2014 in Austria.
- The “International Medical Travel Exhibition and Conference” held in Oman in April 2013.